Property and Casualty Surveys, Inc. reduced inspection turnaround time by up to 20% with Loss Control 360
Property and Casualty Surveys, Inc.
Property and Casualty Surveys, Inc. (PCS) provides Personal Lines and Commercial Lines field inspections to the insurance industry throughout California and Northern Nevada. They offer a full range of services including flat rated and hourly inspections as well as amplified and abbreviated reports. Electronic ordering, Electronic Delivery, and automated risk selection software are all available to their customers.
- Founded: 1993
- Lines of Business: Personal and Commercial Lines
- Annual Revenue: $6.5M
- Geographic Service Area: California and Nevada
- Employees: 50+
- Independent Agents: 150+
- Website: www.pcsurveys.com
Why Loss Control 360
For PCS, Loss Control 360 has become a sales tool. Using the software sets them apart from competitors by allowing them to provide enhanced reporting and customization, in addition to the robust underwriting interface clients now rely on. Ultimately, implementing Loss Control 360 has saved PCS both time and money. It has also helped them grow their business because they are offering something their competitors cannot.
“Utilant’s team is very responsive. They continually work to enhance and update the software. Plus, whenever I need new functionality I never hear ‘it can’t be done.’ I always hear ‘anything is possible’. It’s refreshing to work with a company that is willing to find solutions. We have a true business partnership.”
PHIL GRIFFITH-JONES, PROPERTY & CASUALTY SURVEYS, INC.
Business Challenge: Operational Automation
PCS was looking for a complete inspection management solution that included customer ordering and delivery, field automation, and billing. They also needed backend features like assigning, sorting, reviewing, and editing of inspections as well as robust management reporting. After a couple of demonstrations, PCS knew that Loss Control 360 had everything they needed and, in addition, it could also be further customized to meet their unique needs.
The team at Utilant started the implementation process by learning more about PCS, their workflow, their customers, and their customer’s needs. They looked at how PCS’s business model matched up to the built-in capabilities of Loss Control 360, then determined what features they’d need to customize for the client. Loss Control 360’s functionality was closely in-line with PCS’s business model because the software was built with a thorough understanding of the industry in mind.
After implementing Loss Control 360, PCS was able to streamline their workflow and automate their processes from start to finish, reducing the amount of manual handling required to complete work for clients. Using Loss Control 360, PCS has also reduced turnaround time on many inspection types by 10 – 20%. In addition, it has helped the company eliminate mailing costs and avoid the inefficiencies of slow mail and “lost mail.” The ability to import inspections in bulk, automatically assign work to inspectors, and prioritize quality review greatly improved their time service. Additional features continue to give PCS flexibility and control of the system without the need to utilize IT resources including a robust form building tool, client and user setup tools, custom report output engine, and more. The process to change an inspection report form for a client has gone from taking 2 weeks to 2 hours in time.
- PCS was able to streamline their workflow and automate their processes from start to finish.
- Turnaround time on many inspection types has been reduced by 10 – 20%.
- Eliminated mailing costs and the inefficiencies of slow mail and “lost mail.”
- Ability to import inspections in bulk, automatically assign work to inspectors, and prioritize quality review.
- PCS gained flexibility and control of the system without the need to utilize IT resources.
- Time required to change an inspection report form for a client has gone from 2 weeks to 2 hours.
- Loss Control 360 has also become a sales tool, offering something their competitors cannot.
- Enhanced reporting, customization, and a robust underwriting interface.
- Loss Control 360 has saved PCS both time and money.